Response from Ms. Jones:
What prompted your decision to be a teacher?
When I was in high school I had teachers who cared so much about me and if I learned. They went the extra mile to help me understand the content they were teaching me. So, in my junior year of high school I decided to give back what was given to me.
What was your journey like when you decided to become an educator? What steps did you take? Were there moments when you felt discouraged/unsupported on your journey to become a teacher? If so how did you overcome the discouragement?
Once I decided to become a teacher, the journey was magnificent. When I graduated from high school I received a full scholarship to Roosevelt University since I wanted to become a teacher. I met a lot of people who helped me along the way. Every time I had a question or problem another educator was there to help me along the way. I started my freshmen year volunteering at different elementary schools to find out what it is really like work with children. The only hard part was when I had a child my senior year of college. I had to learn how to balance school, work and a newborn. I managed it all and made it out of school that year. The first couple of months after my son’s birth, I felt discouraged and wanted to drop out until he was older. It was becoming hard for me to manage doing homework and waking up in the middle of the night every night. I decided to stay in school because I started to think about how I can provide for my son with an education. I started to believe everything will get better and then it did.
ClaireLacey♥
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

nice interview~ Where is your planning wall?
ReplyDelete