Sunday, November 8, 2009

Moving Forward: Next Steps

This week my next step was to talk to my Math 140 teacher about a letter of reccomendation. The letter is to help me get approved for taking Math 141, which is another course for pre-elementary education students. Well as I was in the process of doing that he wanted to make sure that I actually needed one. So, we went and talked to Janice Nekola, she approves students for certain math courses. She told us that I didn't need a letter of reccomendation since I was already taking Math 140.
Also I needed to get approval to have my area of concentration Math. Janice Nekola told me that my Math 140 professor would have to reccommend me to her, that is when she will approve me. Well my teacher said that he was glad I wanted my area of concentration to be Math because he thinks I have what it takes to teach Math, so he is going to reccommend me.

This week I haven't really experienced fear or resistence. Since I've seen "The Secret" I have been trying to keep a positive attitude about things. Before seeing "The Secret" I was always hesistant of going after things I wanted to because of fear. I always think I won't succeed or get rejected. That is usually why fear manifests in me. Since the movie, I decided to just go for things and keep a positive attitude about it instead of thinking I will fail at it. I'm not saying fear is totally gone from within me, it just happens less. I will admit though, I'm nervous about submitting my COE application.


ClaireLacey♥

1 comment: